Initial Site Evaluation Visits
Dual Language Education of New Mexico offers site evaluation visits to help districts determine the best course for starting, strengthening or expanding their dual language programs.
Through the analysis of district/site structural components, stakeholder interviews and classroom observations,
program evaluators gather critical information that identifies both the strengths and areas of need for new and/or planned dual language programs. Leadership teams are guided through a reflective process which helps them to better understanding the many perspectives and voices that need to be honored in the process.
Visits consist of:
- Providing an external perspective related to current services
- Raising the collective knowledge needed for key decision making related to program offerings
- Interviewing key stakeholders
- Observing current instructional practices
- Reviewing current structures and resources in place
- Providing recommendations for next steps
Scheduling a Site Evaluation Visit
Site evaluation visits are typically scheduled at least three months in advance. If you would like more information or want to schedule a visit for your school/district, please contact: